Well, it was only a matter of time, I guess. Mark Driscoll and Mars Hill in Seattle have developed their own iPhone Mars Hill app.
It allows you to:
- Listen to any Mars Hill sermon available on marshillchurch.org
- Watch any Mars Hill sermon video
- Stream any Mars Hill music
- Email sermon links to your friends
- Give to the mission of Mars Hill
- Stay informed and up to date through the blog
- Get campus locations and listings
The blub on their site reads:
"At Mars Hill we live for Jesus as a city within the city — knowing culture, loving people, and seeing lives transformed for Jesus. Part of that mission is utilizing the technology available to us to reach as many people as we can in our cities and around the world.
God has often used technological advancement to spread the Gospel through the church. At the time of Paul it was the Roman’s system of roads. For the Reformers it was the printing press. For Billy Graham it was sound amplification systems and stadiums. For Mars Hill, we have been blessed to have the opportunity to use the advances in video and internet distribution."
Anyone else out there heard of a church developing an app or, for that matter, any other church organisation?